Today is Vesak (in Pali Vésakha), the most important holiday of Theravada Buddhism, which always falls on the first full moon in May. On this day, the birth of the Buddha, his awakening and departure to parinibbana are simultaneously commemorated. All over the world, in addition to joint meditations, visits to monasteries and processions, public explanations of the Buddha’s teachings (Dhamma) are also commonly held, which is of course greatly limited in the current situation. We bring you at least Bhante Dhammadipa’s public talk on the 4 brahmaviharas he gave in 2012 on the occasion of the Vesak celebration at the Lotus Buddhist Center and a streamed celebration of the holiday from the Dhammaloka Buddhist Center in Australia (English only).
- Meditation retreat with Michael Luetchford
- New Year’s course 1/27/2022 – 1/1/2023
- Summer meditation with Buddhist monk Wimala Thero, Samudra Theera Maha Vihara, Sri Lanka from 23/09 to 25/09/2022 at Dibbavana Center
- Full Moon Poya Puja and meditation at the Lotus center Prague on Saturday, September 10, 2022 from 6:00 p.m.
- New Book Release: Inquisitive Mindfulness – A Guide to Insight Meditation (Vipassana) for Everyday Life – Sayadaw U Tejaniya
No comments to show.